x86 Server Virtualization
Optimize your virtualization strategy with unprecedented VM density and management
As your company grows and as new regulations add pressure on your data center, you may find yourself forced to add more and more server capacity—often escalating the systems management burden and increasing power consumption. With virtualization on IBM PureFlex, Flex System, and System x x86 servers, new workloads do not have to mean new servers. IBM x86-based compute nodes and servers offer flexible configurations equipped with enhanced memory, high-speed I/O and industry-leading availability and reliability features—a combination designed to help reduce operating costs, simplify management and keep your virtualized infrastructure up and running.
With IBM x86 systems, you get:
- Scalable platforms that allow you to pay as you grow
- Highly available technology to help keep your virtual infrastructure up and running
- High-speed I/O that allows you to assign bandwidth as required for your virtualized applications
- High memory capacity per processor to help you reduce server sprawl and power consumption
- Flexible server configurations so you can choose the one that is right for your business
- Optimized systems for faster time to value
- The ability to consolidate multiple operating systems and software stacks on a single platform
- Open platforms that support a choice of industry-leading hypervisors from VMware, Microsoft, Red Hat and SUSE
Whether your desired strategy is an enterprise VMware deployment or an OpenStack Nova rollout, Mark III and its team of seasoned professionals has many years of experience in helping clients select, implement, optimize, and maintain their virtualization infrastructures and strategies.